Dr. Darin W. Nutter, P.E.
Office: MEEG 102C
Phone: (479) 575-4503
Welcome to my website. I invite you to navigate throughout the site which contains information related to my professional activities and those of many University of Arkansas mechanical engineering students. If you have any questions, please contact me.
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas (1994)
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma (1988)
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma (1986)
Areas of Interest
- Application: sustainable design and energy conservation in industrial facilities and commercial buildings; heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems; thermal and energy systems; thermal insulating materials; and transportation systems.
- Basic: thermodynamics; heat and mass transfer; and, liquid-vapor phase change.
- 8/12-present University of Arkansas, Professor of Mechanical Engineering;
- 2/10-present University of Arkansas, Director of Arkansas Industrial Energy Clearinghouse; Fayetteville, AR
- 8/00-7/12 University of Arkansas, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering; Fayetteville, AR.
- 8/94 – 8/00 University of Arkansas, Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering; Fayetteville, AR.
- 11/89 – 8/94 Texas A&M University, Research Engineer for Texas LoanSTAR Project; College Station, TX.
- 12/90 – 8/94 Texas A&M University, Assistant Director of the Industrial Assessment Center; College Station, TX.
- 11/91- 8/93 Texas A&M University, Research Associate for the Energy Systems Laboratory; College Station, TX.
- 4/90 – 8/91 Texas A&M University, Assistant Coordinator of Texas energy intern/co-op program; College Station, TX.
- 5/88 – 11/89 Fleming Companies, Inc., Corporate Facilities Engineer; Oklahoma City, OK.
- Registered Professional Engineer — Arkansas
- Fellow, American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), member, 9-89 to present (University of Arkansas Student Branch Advisor, 10-99 to present)
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), 12-94 to present